MICROFEATHERING PRE AND POST CARE
The following restrictions are to ensure your skin is in the best possible condition for an amazing Microfeathering procedure:
- DO NOT work out on the day of the procedure as the body heat will expand the pores.
- DO NOT drink coffee or anything with caffeine on the day of the procedure.
- DO NOT take Fish Oil, Aspirin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen, Omega-3, unless medically necessary, 48-72 hours prior to the procedure. (Tylenol or acetaminophen is okay).
- DO NOT drink alcohol 24 hours before or after the procedure.
- DO NOT have Botox 3-4 weeks prior to the procedure.
- DO NOT have any type of facial 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
- AVOID heavy sunlight and especially sunburn 3 days before the procedure. The skin should not be in the process of healing before the procedure.
*Any tweezing, tinting, or waxing should be done at least 72 hours prior to the procedure.
The colour will appear very rich for 48 hours immediately after the treatment then begin to fade away for the days to follow. In some cases, clients have experienced up to 70% of the colour fading out of the skin in the first week. We recommend you do not get the area wet for 7 days and your artist will guide you through a 7 day post-care treatment plan depending on your skin type. You are unable to use any oils, active ingredients, rich moisturisers or toners on the skin for 7 days. Makeup can be used as normal but must not come into contact on the brows and surrounding areas. We recommend cleaning the skin or removing makeup with a damp face washer or disposable facial wipes and opting for a very mild moisturising “lotion” not cream. Remove eye makeup in a downward direction and do not scrub or wash the brows for 7 days.